Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Hello blog, its nice to see you again

Its been a while

Too much has been happening around here, and I have not had the energy nor desire to blog.

I am 38 weeks along, and counting down the days!

I have been sick for the past week or so, and it has not been fun. Super pregnant + some kind of viral infection= hell.
My doctor doesn't want me to take antibiotics because it could give me a rash, so I have been trying to get rid of it old school style, with lots of cough drops, robitussin, and kleenex. It has not been fun.

Luckily I am starting to get better, and just have a lingering cough and stuffy nose.

In other news, we just finished our prenatal classes this weekend. The highlight for Chance was definitely seeing numerous crowning vajayjays and lactating nipples. Just kidding, I think he gagged his way through most of the videos.

Life has been really hectic around here. Our baby room is not set up at all, we were waiting for the changing table to get here so we could organize all our stuff, but when it got here, it was all smashed. UPS is lame sometimes. The replacement part got here today, so Chance is gonna start setting it up.

I ordered a stroller part for baby carrier, and it turns out it was the wrong one. Also lame. I ordered the right part, which also got here today. So we have to set that up as well.

I feel like our house is a mess, and nothing is ready to go. I really hope this baby decided to wait till her due date to come, otherwise her parents are not going to be ready!

We have been dealing with our insurance, and it is way too stressful for me. We don't even know what hospital we are supposed to deliver at yet! If she comes in the next few days, we are just going to pick one and cross our fingers that our insurance will cover it!

Some good news: Chance got an amazing job! He is working at Fidelity Investments, and he is absolutely loving it. It is the perfect job for him! It is so nice having a husband that loves his job. I am so proud of him and the work that he is doing to provide for our family. He is amazing :)

Spike is preparing for the baby by being extra clingy. He has to be around me 24-7, and he likes to sleep right next to us. And by next to us, I mean right on top of us. It is not uncommon for me to wake up in the morning with Spike sleeping on my stomach or legs.

Me during General Conference (don't judge). Spike cuddled with me the whole time


So basically, life is stressful but good right now. Half of me wants to have this baby right now, and the other half wants her to wait a few more weeks. Either way we will be happy to have her with us! I kind of want her to wait a little longer so that she can get nice and fat in there. I love chubby babies!

Me at 38 weeks
You can tell that I'm sick by my swollen nose and pale face (although that could just be because its winter here still)

I have been having contractions all night, but they are really irregular and don't hurt, so we will see if she decides to come soon!

4 comments:

  1. I didn't know you were sick! That stinks! I hope you feel better soon. I love the preggers picture... You look fabulous! I can't believe that the next time I see you guys, I'll get to meet my new niece... So exciting! Btw don't stress too much, everything will work out! Thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such an exciting time for you guys!! Having your first baby is so exciting, overwhelming, stressful, but so fun. You are going to be such a great Mom, and we can't wait to meet your cute baby! I hope everything goes well over the next few weeks, keep us updated! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the update KT! I love your pregnant belly - we are really excited for both you and Chance. You'll be great parents! Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your little one! My dogs followed me everywhere while I was pregnant, and they still follow me everywhere to this day!
    If you are wondering who I am, lol! Chad Vogl is my brother, and Chance is my cousin!
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete