Saturday, February 20, 2010

Happy Belated Valentine's Day!

Hello! As always, I am behind! Only a week this time, fortunately. I never have time, and I seriously don't know what is going to happen to this blog once we have kids. Probably join the other abandoned blogs in the cemetery of the internet.

So, for Valentine's Day last week, Chance and I celebrated a few days early because my family was coming up to Utah for Ski Week.

Chance started the celebrations early by scouring the internet for coupons for things he thought I'd like. He did very well. He got a gift certificate to the hair salon I like to go to, 3 dozen flowers, some chocolates, this cute little book with pictures of us and our wedding, and a handmade CD with a bunch of love songs on it.

Everything he got me! So sweet!


He also made me this amazing crab and lobster dinner, it was so good!


The whole set up

The cute CD he made me! It has some very romantic songs on it, and we played it and danced a little after dinner.


The menu for dinner! I don't know if you can read it very well but it was very cute!


We had a wonderful night, except Chance sliced his finger open on a killer crab leg! It bled a ton, but he didn't let it ruin the night :)

After, we went and saw the movie Valentine's Day. It was pretty good, not great, but the end totally ruined it. Anyone who has seen it knows what I'm talking about.

Right before the movie, Chance took his wedding ring off because it was chafing his finger, and then dropped it. We heard it roll all the way to the front of the theater, where we heard it hit something. I got up to look real quick, but it was too dark.

So after the movie was over, there were no employees to be found to turn the lights on, so we pulled out our phones to start looking. A cute couple who saw me looking for it started to help us, but it was a no go. We looked behind the curtains at the front of the theater, and it WAS SO GROSS. It looked like all the employees did was sweep everything off the floor under the curtains. It was nasty.

We gave up, and were walking up to tell the employees to keep an eye out for it, and I looked up a random row (the only row I looked in) and there was the ring! It reflected off the light from my phone, so I barely saw it, but I looked closer and there it was!

One gift that God gave me was a gift for finding things. My mom once said that it was because I look down when I walk (I used to do this as a kid all the time, and I would find really cool stuff), but I like to think I'm just very observant :) I really do find random stuff all the time, but this time I think it was God looking out for Chance's wedding ring!

Overall, it was an amazing Valentine's Day. Chance is so wonderful, and I am one lucky girl!

My presents for Chance were a new golf club that he picked out off of KSL (and that he paid for, hehe. He wouldn't let me pay for it) and a bag of his favorite candy, the dark chocolate mint Three Musketeers.


Here are some random pictures from the past few months:


This is on Thanksgiving in Colorado. Chance took a nap, and Spike snuggled up with him. I love this picture!


This is what I come upstairs to find all the time. Spike drags our shoes out of the closet and makes little piles out of them. He's a little weirdo.


Once again, Spike making piles of our shoes.


This is my favorite ice cream ever. It is called Play-doh, or Superman. It looks gross, but I love it. It tastes a little like bananas, and I usually hate banana flavoring, but I love this. I am also obsessed with it because it reminds me of this:

Sorry its a little small, but its from the movie Hook, where they have the imaginary food fight. This is one of my all time favorite movies, as well as one of my favorite scenes. I wish food really looked like that, hence the ice cream!

Bangarang!!

P.S. I tried to fix the photos from the last post, so hopefully you can see them now!

3 comments:

  1. What a great Valentine's Day you guys had! Sounds like fun. That dinner looks so good. So, I need you to come to Vegas and use your fabulous gift for finding things! My wallet was lost/stolen yesterday. I can't find it anywhere. I've retraced my steps a gazillion times and nothing! Bill and I spent our entire date nite last nite looking for it! I'm so sad for me, but I'm so glad you guys found Chances ring. That is amazing!
    BTW I want to try that ice cream... do you get it a the grocery store? Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the movie Hook, and yes the ice cream totally looks the same as the food!
    I'm glad you found Chance's ring, and that you guys had a great Valentine's Day. Love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. bangarang!!! I want some! so glad you found his ring and had a great v-day! i want to eat crab legs! really, like right now. man, i'm getting really fat with this baby--you would think i was having triplets! anyway, i hope you are still coming in march and that we can see you! let me know. love you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete